Mission Statement: We at Drakes are called to be fishers of men and to love the least of these so that all may have more abundant lives.
The above historical marker is in front of the Drakes UMC.
DRAKES UNITED METHODIST CHURCH—Est. April 29, 1858 as a Meth. Epis. Church. S. on land donated by Dr. & Mrs. Oscar Hamilton.
Orig. log building destroyed by fire after Civil War.
Structure rebuilt in 1891 remains as center of present building.
Our cemetery has many of the community's loved ones buried there as well as confederate solders.